It’s almost 2 am here and I cannot bring myself to sleep. You know, one of those nights when everything that happened to you three years ago all suddenly came rushing in. Yep. So instead of wallowing to some nonexistent dilemma, let me put this time into a good use.
I have seen a lot of booktubers do this 25 Bookish Facts About Me on their respective channels, I am sorry I haven’t done enough research as to who really started it (i’ll include it and give credit once I have learned about it), so I thought why not do it in a blog form?
These facts may not be as surprising as you all may have expected, but come on humor me on this one. Pretend it interests you. Haha
1. The first classic I have read was The Last of The Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper. and I completely forgot what it was about haha.
2. I prefer hardbacks, but dang why are they so expensive?
3. I am addicted to Bookstagram. Yep give me a follow hahah @nerdytalksbookblog hashtag shameless plugging haha
4. I take bookstagram seriously, hahah, what with all the props I need. Haha. I kid you not, I take a lot of time at the home & decor section of H&M or any home & decor section of the mall just to find some cutesy stuff I could throw in as props. My super best friend and go to place for “props” nowadays is Japan Home Centre or Daiso where everything is P88 or 2$. From chopping board, to cute kettles down to clear teapots. I could spend hours in that place.
5. While we are at the bookstagram topic. I usually take pictures around 3-4 pm. I loved the lighting, that faint yellow glow, au naturale lighting is the key to a bookstagram worthy photo. I use the app Snapseed to edit my photo and VSCO cam to apply filters. I even bought the paid filters. Go back to fact 4, I take bookstagram seriously. haha
6. I never dog-ear a book or highlight one. I use sticky tabs before, but not anymore, it was time consuming to put tabs, and kind of kill the moment especially when I am already engrossed by what was happening in the book I am reading.
7. I have a lot of bookmarks, and yes I try to use every single one of them. I have a different bookmark for different books, your argument is invalid. haha
8. My favorite genre is Fantasy and Romance.
9. I was once addicted to Sweet Valley High. Elizabeth and Jessica yay!
10. I love poetry books, especially when it is about love, life and death.
11. I dream of writing my own poetry book someday.
12. Tom Hardy and Kit Harington are the only ones I picture as book boyfriends. Hahah no matter what was the description.
13. Love triangles are the bane of my existence.
14. I have a hard time reading SciFi books, definitely not my cup of tea. But I’m trying. I loved These Broken Stars, so that’s a start right?
15. My most read book is This is A Love Story by Jessica Thompson.
16. I don’t like ARCs.
17. I never join the hype, save for some exceptions. I let it die down before I pick up the book.
18. I love books with angels in it, or marines!
19. I love secondhand bookstores! Who doesn’t?
20. There is no such thing as having too many books. Do you agree or do you agree?
21. I stopped reading in ebook form. My eyesight suffered tremendously. But I am planning to get a Kindle haha, what a contradiction.
22. I look at my shelf and smile. The first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. 🙂
23. I get too emotional when reading. I think of the characters for days on end.
24. I roll my eyes pretty much all the time when reading a very annoying character, and there maybe some pulling out of hair too and occasional muffled scream of frustration. I swear I get too animated when reading haha. I am truly a sight to behold. And don’t start with me with funny books being read in public, you will definitely think I lost it.
25. Lastly, I never liked people who book shames. What do I mean by this, these are the people who judge you by what you read, or have not read. I mean, read and let read guys. If the person likes Fifty Shades of Grey, then let them be and leave them the hell alone, don’t tell them what to read and what not to. But then, I don’t like people who claims to be at the upper echelon because they have read a certain book and so on and so forth, acting like they are the superior of all races, no, that’s not cool either. Be kind to new readers, you were once a new reader too, you definitely know how it felt.
So that’s just about it. Who wants to be tagged? Come do this with me!
I’ll be tagging a few friends. 🙂
Hope you’ll have fun sharing bookish facts about you guys!
Til next time, and I’m still not sleepy. Ugh